All states are required to have procedures and assessments for determining EL eligibility, placement, and exit from the program. This assignment focuses on Arizona’s procedures for identifying and placing EL students.
Imagine you are on a team of elementary EL teachers at a school that receives Title III funds. You have been asked by the principal to present to families and staff about the process for determining EL eligibility and for other services.
Review Ch. 1, 4, 7, and 8 of the English Learner Tool Kit from the U.S. Department of Education.
Create a 10- to 12-slide presentation that includes the following:
• The procedures for identifying EL students
• The assessment and reassessment standards or procedures after the student is identified as an EL student.
• The parents’ rights and consent options available for families
• The procedures schools must follow for students who opt out of an EL program or services
• At least 3 tips for schools to ensure that ELs can participate in gifted and talented education programs, or other specialized education programs
Include a reference slide, speaker notes, and images to enhance the presentation.
Format your sources according to APA guidelines.
Refer to the grading rubric for assignment expectations.
Submit your assignment.More Assessment Samples: Change management is key to ensuring that an organization remains adept in providing state-of-the-art health care »The History of the Start of World War I