Required Course Textbook(s)
Comparative Criminal Justice Systems, 6th Edition
By: Reichel, Philip L.
You will choose only one topic and start your research; 9-11 pages in APA format with minimum of five-seven peer reviewed sources. Please note, the text cannot be used as a reference, points will be docked if you rely on the course text book. I need you to explore the CJA world beyond what your text says, so please don’t depend on it for your paper. It must be a valid, legitimate source for you to use it in your paper. Your analysis should include two or more examples that will justify your position. Your Paper will be graded on content, grammar, punctuation, spelling, difficulty, and readability. This will comprise 24% of your final grade, i.e. you are eligible to earn 24 points towards your final course grade.
Please choose one topic, and indicate the topic number on your submission.
1. List and describe three benefits of an international perspective for scholars, practitioners, and policy makers interested in the American criminal justice system. Compare and contrast two other countries against the US as it relates to length of criminal case processing and trials.
2. There is considerable similarity in the way women prisoners are responded to around the world. Compare and contrast two other countries against the US as it relates to women prisoners.
3. Explain the difference in studying crime as a social phenomenon and in studying crime as social behavior. Compare and contrast two other countries against the US as it relates to studying crime as social behavior.
4. Using the appropriate terms, describe and explain the three-stage process of money laundering. Compare and contrast two other countries against the US as it relates to money laundering with case examples and sentencing decisions. Describe and explain the three stages of money laundering using appropriate terminology. Compare and contrast two other countries in terms of money laundering, using case examples and sentencing decisions.
5. Explain some of the arguments that favor and oppose allowing jurors to ask questions of witnesses during a criminal trial. Compare and contrast two other countries against the US as it relates to jury trials.More Assessment Samples: WEEK 1- Ethical and Legal Implications of prescribing Drugs »Assignment week 4 Patient Education Module