Helping in Human Services
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, watch The Meaning of Human Services Links to an external site.and reflect on the Weeks’ 1 and 2 readings (as well as your own resources) to discuss the following important aspects of helping in the human services field:
• History of human services. In one page,
o Analyze the history of helping in human services using three specific examples of time periods before the 21st century (See Chapter 3).
o Describe how helping has changed over time regarding how services have been delivered (Chapter readings and your own research).
• Nature of the helping process. In one page,
o Identify the general nature of the helping process that human service workers use, including the five stages that form the process and at least two helping skills (See Chapter 7).
o Distinguish direct service from the roles of administrative work and community work associated with helping (See Chapter 2). Identify the general nature of the helping process used by human service workers, including the five stages and at least two helping skills (See Chapter 7).
o Distinguish between direct service and administrative and community work associated with helping (See Chapter 2).
• Current helping efforts. In one page,
o Identify 10 different groups in your community being served by human service professionals. In your opinion, is the field of human services adequately providing for two of these groups? Why or why not? (Your own research).
Use the Week 2 Assignment template Download Week 2 Assignment templateas a guide for formatting.
The Helping in Human Services paper
• Must be three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style
• Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted.
• Must utilize academic voice
• Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
• Must use at least three scholarly sources (including the course text and two peer-reviewed sources published in the past five years).
• Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the University of Arizona Global Campus Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper Links to an external site.guide. – – best nursing assignment writers
• Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style