Value Base Nursing Care Readiness Assessment
A. Create a multimedia presentation, including presenter notes for each slide, to inform key stakeholders about value-based care and present elements of an action plan.
Note: Presenter notes must be included for each slide to fully cover the level of explanation, analysis, and discussion necessary.
1. Provide an introduction (suggested length of 3 slides) to value-based care by doing the following:
a. Describe the elements of a value-based healthcare framework.
b. Explain the benefits of value-based care for patients and populations.
c. Describe the rationale for implementing value-based care in a healthcare
2. Identify (suggested length 1–2 slides) a nursing role, using the “WGU Nursing Programs Conceptual Model” web link as a guide. https://cm.wgu.edu/t5/Nursing-Student-Handbook/Nursing-Programs-Conceptual-Model/ta-p/19
a. Describe how the advanced professional nurse could facilitate the
implementation of value-based care within the role identified.
3. Summarize (suggested length of 5 slides) evidence relevant to the topic of value-based healthcare from five peer-reviewed scholarly sources published within the past five years.
4. Describe (suggested length of 3 slides) two strategies to implement value-based healthcare, or if the organization has already implemented it, describe two strategies that were used.
a. Identify key stakeholders for each strategy.
b. Describe the role of each stakeholder for each strategy.
c. Describe specific methods to measure the effectiveness of each strategy.
5. Using the “Value-Based Nursing Care Readiness Assessment” completed in your CPE (see the attached document), discuss (suggested length of 5 slides) the organization’s readiness for change by doing the following:
a. Summarize each assessment area in the readiness assessment:
• defined need
• readiness for change
• leadership and management support
• time, resources, and personnel
• sustainment of the change
b. Discuss two organizational strengths.
c. Discuss two organizational opportunities for improvement.
d. Analyze your organization’s level of readiness to implement value-based
care based on its readiness score.
e. Provide the completed “Value-Based Nursing Care Readiness
Assessment” from your CPE.
Note: This should be an exact copy of your previously submitted readiness assessment. This is for evaluator reference.
B. Incorporate the following components of APA style and formatting in your presentation:
• bias-free language
• APA-specific rules regarding verb tense, voice, and perspective
• a title page and headers
• in-text citations and references
• APA-specific formatting rules for margins, spacing, numbering, and indentation for the title page and main body of your paper, including headers, bulleted and numbered lists, and tables and figures
C. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.
DEFINED NEED Yes No
Has your organization established a need to implement value-based nursing care strategies? X ☐
READINESS FOR CHANGE
Is now the right time for implementing value-based nursing care (e.g., it will not compete with other major changes currently being made within the organization)? X ☐
Have employees been informed of the recommendations and been provided an opportunity to comment on the feasibility of the change? X ☐
Have implementation plans been developed that include an action plan, training plan, and communication and change management plans? ☐ X
Does the organization have a Health Information System that has the capacity to collect, analyze and report value metrics and key performance indicators that link nursing care services to patient outcomes? ☐ X
LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
Will the organization’s executive leaders actively support and champion implementation of value-based nursing care. X ☐
Does the organization’s leadership reward teamwork behaviors and showcase successes throughout the organization? X ☐
Have the strategic recommendations the interprofessional team developed been approved by organizational leaders and managers? X ☐
TIME, RESOURCES, PERSONNEL
Has an Impact Analysis been completed to determine the influence this change will have on human and financial resources? ☐ X
Does your organization have sufficient staff with the necessary time and resources to support active project participation? ☐ X
Will your organization allow time to prepare and continue work on project deliverables? X ☐
SUSTAINMENT OF THE CHANGE
Has the organization identified value metrics that can be used to measure the effectiveness of value-based nursing care over time? X ☐
Will the organization be willing to use continuous improvement processes to measure and assess progress and continuously improve processes? X ☐
Will strategies for minimizing potential project failure modes be developed prior to implementation? X ☐
Does the organization have a culture that supports and rewards teamwork and innovation in nursing care? X ☐
Count the number of “Yes” responses and refer to the next page to determine the organization’s level of readiness for value-based nursing care.
READINESS ASSESSMENT SCORE
Number of Yes responses you have selected is 11-15 out of 15:
This is likely a good time within your organization to participate in the Value-Based Nursing Care Project. Prior to implementation, continue to monitor whether the answers to these questions change and keep a close eye on any items to which you answered “No.”
Number of Yes responses you have selected is 6-10 out of 15:
Your organization may not be ready on several of the factors. This reduces the likelihood of the success of implementing Value-based Nursing Care at this time.
Number of Yes responses you have selected is 1-5 out of 15:
Based on your responses, significant work is likely needed to raise the readiness level of your organization. Moving forward with implementing Value-Based Nursing Care could create significant risk that it will not succeed or produce the desired results.
Accountable Care Learning Collaborative. (n.d.) Value-Based Nursing Care Readiness Assessment. https://www.advancinghealthvalue.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/VBC-Readiness-Assessment_FillablePDF.pdfMore Assessment Samples: COMPANY: Starbucks »Saudi Construction Case Study Part 1: