BIOL 3306 Biology anatomy and physiology
INSTRUCTIONS: You will select a case study and format a poster that details the relevant anatomy and physiology of the case that you selected. You will be expected to integrate at least 3 of the systems discussed in class (you can also cover other systems covered in your textbook if you wish) into your poster. A poster presentation template (in PowerPoint) will be provided. This template will only serve as your guide, and you can use your own template.
Convert your final poster submission to PDF. Choose from the following case studies:
Case # 1: Henry is a 49-year-old man with a very stressful job that involves traveling. He suffers a heart attack on a trip back to the South Korea. He is admitted to the hospital and is diagnosed with an occlusion of the left coronary artery. Clinical findings include atrial fibrillation, pulmonary edema, and a conduction block. Treatment includes: anticoagulation medication, to prevent clot formation in the fibrillating atria; a diuretic, to decrease both load on the left ventricle and edema in the lungs; and stent placement in the occluded left coronary artery, to help re-establish blood flow and facilitate healing of the damaged area. Hiroshi also needs a pacemaker because the conduction block affects the rate of ventricular contraction.
– Create your title based on the case study
– Case Study No. (Rewrite or summarise in bullets)
– Connect the clinical case to the affected organs or systems
– Describe the pathophysiology of the clinical case
– Research on the treatments and prevention (if any)
– Use credible resources (peer-reviewed papers, textbooks)
– Use Cardiovascular Research format.