Answer the following questions, integrating information from the text and module resources. One to two paragraphs per question will suffice.
1. Research shows that people in egalitarian, low-power-distance cultures are less preoccupied with the behavioral rules attached to high social status. Could you explain why?
2. Describe the similarities and differences between cultural psychology and cross-cultural psychology.
3. Describe three views in psychology on how local cultures will respond to globalization. Describe three psychological perspectives on how local cultures will respond to globalization.
4. Describe the differences between scientific knowledge and popular beliefs.
5. Describe the differences between legal knowledge and scientific knowledge.
A person who believes that everyone should be treated the same. – based on the principles of democracy or social equality; “a democratic country”; “a democratic contempt for fat dukes and lords”- George du Maurier. – based on the idea that everyone is the same and deserves the same rights and opportunities