Top Essay Writers
We select the finest writers to join our team. They each have expertise in specific topic fields and background in academic writing.
Don't Stress over approaching deadlines; an able team is ready 24/7 to assist you with your coursework assignments
We provide study solutions in all subjects. Students are matched with specialists in the various fields; Masters level graduates experts.
Place an Order today with us and live to tell a success story! No Lateness!!
Posted: February 2nd, 2022
Key Assessment Information
Examine the significance of integrated reporting within the context of different financial and nonfinancial disclosure frameworks. This activity relates to the following learning outcomes:
LO 1: Critically review and interpret the role of theory in the development of accounting
LO 2: Critically evaluate the role of accounting and accountability for the sustainable development of organisations
LO 4: Appraise the impact of business ethics and corporate governance on the accounting profession LO 5: Undertake accounting-based assignments on an individual and team basis to develop personal and collaborative decision-making skills
Overview Length or Duration
Examine the role and motivation for the introduction of integrated reporting. 3000 words
The International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC) has promulgated the production of integrated reports to enhance transparency and encourage improved stakeholder relationships. Integrated reports had their beginnings because of the shortcomings identified after the Global Financial Crisis
(GFC). It has now been argued that more disclosure on how the business creates ‘value’ is required. Refer to the International Integrated Reporting Framework opens in new window to gain an understanding of the principles of integrated reporting.
To get started on your assessment task, please follow the instructions below.
1. Form groups of 2 or 3 to work on the assessment. Remember to enrol in your group online (refer to the instructions below).
2. Review the latest IIRC International IR Framework to gain general knowledge regarding the aims, objectives, application and elements of an integrated report.
3. Read a number of journal articles on the topic of integrated reporting (some reference links are provided at the end of this assessment task).
4. Select four (4) ASX listed companies—two of which produce integrated reports and two which prepare the traditional annual report format—and analyse the reports by completing the attached Matrix for Annual Report Analysis opens in new window.
5. To complete the matrix, first discuss the main findings of your content analysis. Apply a (1) when there is the disclosure of an item and a (0) to denote no disclosure. Each group should decide which non-financial disclosures to include in the matrix; however, the selections/decisions must be justified.
6. Access and read the following journal article and discuss whether or not you agree with Flower’s (2015) contention that the IIRC is a story of failure. Your report should include how ‘failure’ and ‘create value’ is defined, the concept of the ‘capitals’, and how stakeholder theory is relevant to the discussion.
Add link to article
7. Assignments must be typed using Calibri (body) 12 font size with 1.5 line spacing.
8. Assessment 2 references:
Adhariani, D and de Villiers, C. (2019), “Integrated Reporting: perspectives of corporate report preparers and other stakeholders”, Sustainability Accounting, Management and Policy Journal, Vol. 10 No. 1, pp.183-207.
Al-Htaybat, K. and Alberti-Alhtaybat, L.V. (2018), “Integrated thinking leading to integrated reporting: case study insights from a global player”, Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Vol. 31 No. 5, pp.1435-1460.
Robertson, F.A. and Samy, M. (2020), “Rationales for integrated reporting adoption and factors impacting on the extent of adoption”, Sustainability Accounting, Management and Policy Journal, Vol. 11 No. 2, pp. 351-382.
Silvestri, A., Veltri, S., Venturelli, A. and Petruzzelli, S. (2017), “A research template to evaluate the degree of accountability of integrated reporting: a case study”, Meditari Accountancy Research, Vol. 25 No. 4, pp.675-704.
ASSESSMENT OF RESEARCH PROJECT NO. 2
OVERVIEW OF THE ASSESSMENT
Important Assessment Data
Examine the importance of integrated reporting in the context of various financial and nonfinancial disclosure regimes. This activity is associated with the following learning outcomes:
LO 1: Critically examine and interpret the role of theory in accounting development.
LO 2: Critically assess the role of accounting and accountability in ensuring the long-term development of organizations.
LO 4: Evaluate the influence of business ethics and corporate governance on the accounting profession. LO 5: Work on accounting-related assignments as an individual and as a team to improve personal and collaborative decision-making abilities.
STRUCTURE OF ASSESSMENT
Length or Duration of an Overview
Investigate the role and rationale for implementing integrated reporting. 3000 characters
The International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC) has issued guidelines on integrated reporting.
You Want Quality and That’s What We Deliver
We offer the lowest possible pricing while still providing the best writers. Our costs are fair and reasonable compared to other writing services.
You will never receive a product that contains any plagiarism. We scan every final draft before releasing it to be delivered to a customer.
When you decide to place an order with Assessment Brief Task Help, here is what happens: