Assignment Specifications Purpose: This assignment aims at developing a clear understanding of students on what qualifications and experiences employers seek from Corporate Accountants. Students will have to search and collect a significant number of job advertisements posted by employers in the electronic or print media or in the job search portals throughput the first 8 weeks of their trimester. Based on the collected job advertisements, they will have answer a series of questions and evaluate the qualifications and experiences sought in those advertisements with the learnings objectives, outcomes and contents of the subject.
Assessment task: Collect as many job advertisements as possible on the position of ‘corporate accountant’, ‘corporate and management accountant’ ‘senior accountant’, ‘tax accountant’, ‘corporate financial accountant’ ‘corporate financial and management accountant’, ‘accountant corporate finance’, ‘senior financial accountant’ ‘senior accountant: tax and corporate reporting’ or any other similar positions published by Australian employers in electronic or print media or in job search portals (such as seek, Jora, Indeed etc.) Based on your collected advertisements, do the following tasks:
1. How many job advertisements you have collected in total? How many job advertisements you have collected from each sources.
2. Lists the name of the organisations posting the job advertisements and show the industry breakdown of the organisations posting the job advertisements.
3. List all the job titles mentioned in the advertisements that you have collected.
4. List all the personal attributes required from a corporate accountant that have been mentioned in the job advertisements that you have collected.
5. List all the personal attributes required from a corporate accountant that have been mentioned in the job advertisements that you have collected with your detailed understanding of each of the attributes.
6. List all the academic and professional qualifications of a corporate accountant that have been listed in the advertisements that you have collected.
7. Based on the key roles, tasks, responsibilities identified from your collected job advertisements, how those key roles, tasks or responsibilities are related to the topics that you have learned in your MPA unit HI5020 Corporate Accounting.
8. What additional topics, attributes or learnings outcomes are missing from your MPA unit HI5020 Corporate Accounting that are listed on the job advertisement.
9. Critically examine the skills, experience and attributes needed to become a corporate accountant.
Also critically evaluate how the topics that you have learned in your MPA unit HI5020 Corporate Accounting have helped you in gaining the skills, experience and attributes needed to become a corporate accountant. Assignment Structure should be as the following: Abstract – One paragraph List of Content Introduction Body of the assignment with detailed answer on each of the required tasks Summary/Conclusion List of references Appendix The minimum number of job advertisement that you need to collect and analyze for the assignment of this subject is 30.
You can collect and analyze as many as possible but If you have analyzed at least 30 job advertisements we will consider you have fulfilled the requirement in terms of collection of job advertisements. At least 20 references are required Marking criteria and the marking rubix is attached Abstract 100-150 words Introduction – purpose and who you are writing the assignment for make sure the appendix is after the 20 references. Get >Accounting homework help