You are required to provide written answers to all five of the questions below.
- Give examples of the main organisational objectives that the HR function is responsible for delivering and briefly explain how these have evolved/are evolving in contemporary organisations. In your answer, provide a brief justification for managing HR in a professional, ethical and just manner.
- Give a brief summary of two different ways HR objectives can be delivered in organisations.
- Analyse how the HR function varies between organisations in different sectors and of different sizes.
- Give a short explanation of at least two major theories of change management. Select one of the theories and illustrate how it can be used and evaluated.
- Your CEO has asked for a report on the contribution of the HR function to the business. In preparation for the report, give a brief summary of the criteria and methods you would use to evaluate the HR function’s contribution.
In consultation with your tutor, select an article that identifies and evaluates research evidence linking HR practices with positive organisational outcomes. Briefly summarise the findings and state how convincing you find these to be. Conclude by explaining how high-performance working and investment in human capital can impact on organisational practice.
Written responses to each of the five questions of approximately 3000 words in total (divided appropriately across each of the five questions).
You should relate academic concepts, theories and professional practice to the way organisations operate, in a critical and informed way, and with reference to key texts, articles and other publications and by using organisational examples for illustrationMore Assessment Samples: Assessment Task – NAPLAN Exercise – Word count: 500 words »