Posted: February 1st, 2022
Business & Finance Assignment | Custom Assignment Help
You have been appointed as an international business consultant for an upcoming high profile UK SME based in London. One of their key objectives for 2020-21 is to tap into the Chinese market for their “UHT milk for children aged from (3-11 years)”.
The company is expected to focus on specific target audiences (within Chinese market) that would see UHT milk from UK as a better proposition comparted to the current local options.Having access to international suppliers, the business fully intends to make use of the UK’s reputation as a land of quality, reliability, and transparency. Pre-school aged children and upwards are the ideal age to be ambassadors for the products due to their comprehension of what they like and dislike.
1. Table of Contents
2. Executive Summary: This should be a re-cap of the points covered in the assessment brief
· What is UHT Milk?
· Supply/production situation of UHT milk in the UK (including import and manufacturing information linked the U.K.)
· Supply and Demand information of UHT milk in China (covering current import and production of UHT milk)
4. Business Driving Forces:
· Identification of Key Business Driving Forces that supportthe venture.
e.g. costs, political support, existing trade relations between the UK and China, etc.
· Using relevant analytical tools/models such as PESTLE and /or Porter’s 5 Forces, examine the driving forces more in depth with supporting and cited evidence.
· Identify and apply at least 2 relevant international trade theories or models e.g. Comparative Advantage, Absolute Advantageor others in connection with UK/China trade as it relates to expansion into China
5. Trade Barriers:
· Explanation of Explanation of Formal and Informal trade barriers
For instance,formal trade barriers are such mechanisms as:
Quotas, tariffs, certification/registration requirements, permit, and licences
Informal barriers are re4strictions such as:
Logistics such as shipping and distribution channels, lack of market data, language issues, cost issues, and cultural tastes
6. Ethical and Social Issues:
· Here there should be an explanation of what are Ethical and Social Issues whydo they need to be considered by SMEs and why are they important.
Ideally, this should then be linked to proposed UHT trade project using a UK SME to be exported to China.
7. Cultural preferences to be Considered by the business:
Need to closely examine the cultural preferences of the potential and existing Chinese market for UHT milk (can expand on points raised in the Business Driving Forces section)
e.g. Cultural Preferences for e=commerce based UK UHT milk imports in main Chinese cities such as Shanghai and resistance to such milk in rural traditional Chinese communities in Western China
8. Expansion Methods to be chosen by company
· What expansion methods are available to UK/Chinese trade?
· What expansion methods are currently being used for the important of UHT milk into China
· Analyse the various expansion methods being implemented now and highlight advantages and disadvantages of each
· Develop a range of suggestions on various expansion methods that may help the UK SME to succeed in its plans to increase its UK UHT venture into China.
Note: When addressing this section, you should look at types of relationshipse.g. partnerships, alliances, etc., marketing strategies e.g. child ambassador scheme, social media tactics, in-store samplekiosks activities, etc. and logistics e.g. shipping details
Based on the research, a summary of key findings and associated recommendations should be provided to the UK SME Get
Check Price | Discount